During the pastorate of Father Normand Bielicke, OFM (about 1945-1950), Our Lady Help of Christians Church broke ground for a school. A few months later a house was acquired for a sisters’ residence. The school was staffed originally by 3 Sisters of the Holy Family who operated an elementary and secondary program. The first day of enrollment 34 students registered, all non-Catholics. By December that year 86 students were attending and 8 baptisms were celebrated at the school that month. When the sisters were withdrawn at the end of the 1988-89 school year, the school was forced to close.